Our 2017 Spring Iyengar Yoga Session runs January 2 – April 8
Click here for a pdf version of the schedule: 2017 Spring Schedule of Classes
Living Tradition Yoga empowers anyone and everyone — from those experiencing their first class to those seeking advanced work in asana a pranayama— to develop an Iyengar Yoga practice. We seek not only to provide the physical benefits of yoga but also to explore the deeper dimensions of life through yoga.
Yoga Classes are held as multiple-week, progressive courses or “sessions”, or you can participate on a drop-in basis. Classes and sessions provide a dynamic and challenging atmosphere in which to cultivate the highest functioning of body and mind. Expect an emphasis on precise alignment, carefully sequenced postures to maximize benefits and an exploration of yoga philosophy to reveal the full depth of transformation Iyengar Yoga has to offer.
A one-on-one session with an Iyengar Yoga instructor is a premium customized experience. As a result, you are empowered to specifically address your goals, physical strengths, limitations, and needs specific to your level of practice. For students who are new to yoga, may be experiencing injuries or some other physical concern, or need a customized day and time for class, private lessons are the best way to set a solid foundation for your yoga practice. For experienced yoga students, private lessons can add a depth and refinement to your yoga practice to dramatically enhance its rewards and opportunities.
- Students may drop-in for a single class any time during the session (pre-registration is not required)
- Students who wish to register for the remainder of the session after the session has begun may do so for a pro-rated fee
- Refunds are given through the second week only. There will be a $25 cancellation fee.
- Classes with low enrollment may be cancelled for the duration of the session
Tips for Class
- Refrain from eating for at least 2 hours prior to class (longer for heavier meals)
- Avoid drinking any fluids for at least one hour prior to your practice
- Please arrive for class on time and be prepared to stay for the entire class
- Wear comfortable clothing (i.e. – shorts or yoga pants and a t-shirt); be prepared to practice barefoot
- All equipment (mats, blocks, straps, and blankets) will be provided. You are welcome to bring your own yoga mat if you prefer.
- We ask that all shoes, cell phones, and other personal effects be left in the studio lobby
- Please do not wear perfumes, scented body or hair products, or other heavy scents to class. Living Tradition Yoga is a “Scent-Free” studio.
- You can make-up missed classes at any other regularly scheduled class during the same session.
- You may attend any class at the same level, one level above, or one level below. You cannot make-up missed classes in future sessions or special classes.